According to the Building Services Research and Information Association (BSRIA) the actual performance of new or refurbished buildings can be very different to design intent. Discrepancies in energy use and occupant comfort can arise from a variety of sources ….. such as:
Understanding how the plant works
As part of our Building Performance Optimisation Process (BPO) we need to evaluate the operational performance and other characteristics of the building services and support infrastructure. We undertake a review of the services including:
a. Site survey, gathering of O &M details
b. Review of existing commissioning reports
c. Review of operational schematics Electrical & Mechanical
d. Review BMS operational data
e. Development of RAMs for fingerprinting
f. Site meetings / Liaison with Estates and maintenance
Measurement and testing of the ventilation system provides a lot of information on system performance and since HVAC systems are critical to laboratory environements – improvements identified here can have a major impact overall.
a. Commissioning checks on the BSU Supply and Extract systems
b. Commissioning check on all rooms and areas in the biomedical facility
Redesign or upgrade
Improvements and enhancements may sometimes require redesign but upgrades can be completed without a full redesign. Where redesign is required CCTech can provide this service:
• Older buildings can benefit from new technology which can include more efficient primary plant such as chillers, boilers, AHU’s and extracts.
• Control systems can be optimised and sensors relocated and calibrated. Setpoints and weather compensation can be revaluated in the light of actual historical data.
• Reduced air volumes can have a major impact – but will need careful implementation
• Heat recovery can be utilised where possible without major redesign
• Improved operational performance and enhanced control
• Reduced energy consumption
• Reduced downtime for maintenance
• Improved reliability and reduced maintenance cost
• Less waste and consumables
© Copyright 2008-2016 Cube Clean Tech | All Rights Reserved